Silver Stars top Liberty for 7th straight winJul 8, 2012 - 10:59 PM Newark, NJ (Sports Network) - Jia Perkins poured in a team-high 24 points off the bench on 10-of-17 shooting as the San Antonio Silver Stars dropped the New York Liberty, 94-81, on Sunday.
Becky Hammon netted 23 points and dished out six assists, while Sophia Young donated 21 points and pulled down seven rebounds for the Silver Stars, who won their seventh game in a row. Danielle Adams contributed 10 points in the victory.
Essence Carson netted a game-high 25 points and Cappie Pondexter added 23 points and eight rebounds in defeat for the Liberty, who had their brief two- game winning streak snapped.
The Silver Stars held a 51-42 lead at halftime, but struggled for most of the third quarter as a free throw by Kelley Cain capped a 10-3 New York run to tie the game at 64 with 3:48 to play in the frame.
The Silver Stars recovered from their third-quarter malaise and outscored the Liberty 21-12 in the final quarter to run away with the victory.
- SAN ANTONIO: 94
NEW YORK: 81
Jul 8 5:53 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 51
NEW YORK: 42
Jul 8 4:53 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 0
NEW YORK: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jul 8 4:09 PM
- Silver Stars G Hammon breaks finger Mon
- Mystics acquire Hollingsworth from Liberty Apr 15
- Silver Stars sign Flores Mar 14
- Silver Stars sign F Delisha Milton-Jones Mar 7
- Lynx acquire McCarville in three-team trade Mar 1
- Carson re-signs with Liberty, Smith signs as free agent Feb 26
- Silver Stars re-sign Perkins to multi-year deal Feb 11
- Silver Stars' Young tears ACL Feb 4
- Silver Stars extend Hughes Jan 14
- Bill Laimbeer appointed Liberty's coach/GM Oct 25
- Sun score final 14 points, sweep Liberty Sep 29
- Sparks down Silver Stars to advance to Western Conference Finals Sep 29