Silver Stars top Liberty for 7th straight winJul 8, 2012 - 10:59 PM Newark, NJ (Sports Network) - Jia Perkins poured in a team-high 24 points off the bench on 10-of-17 shooting as the San Antonio Silver Stars dropped the New York Liberty, 94-81, on Sunday.
Becky Hammon netted 23 points and dished out six assists, while Sophia Young donated 21 points and pulled down seven rebounds for the Silver Stars, who won their seventh game in a row. Danielle Adams contributed 10 points in the victory.
Essence Carson netted a game-high 25 points and Cappie Pondexter added 23 points and eight rebounds in defeat for the Liberty, who had their brief two- game winning streak snapped.
The Silver Stars held a 51-42 lead at halftime, but struggled for most of the third quarter as a free throw by Kelley Cain capped a 10-3 New York run to tie the game at 64 with 3:48 to play in the frame.
The Silver Stars recovered from their third-quarter malaise and outscored the Liberty 21-12 in the final quarter to run away with the victory.
- SAN ANTONIO: 94
NEW YORK: 81
Jul 8 5:53 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 51
NEW YORK: 42
Jul 8 4:53 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 0
NEW YORK: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jul 8 4:09 PM
- Adams leads Silver Stars in rout of Dream Sep 15
- Hill, Mystics down Liberty Sep 15
- Taurasi's double-double powers Mercury past Silver Stars Sep 14
- Catchings, Fever hold off Liberty Sep 13
- Mercury upend Liberty behind Bonner's outside shooting Sep 10
- Shock's Williams nets WNBA-record 51 points Sep 8
- Mercury edge Silver Stars, clinch playoff berth Sep 7
- McCoughtry guides Dream over Liberty Sep 6
- Wiggins carries Shock past Liberty Sep 1
- Sparks handle Silver Stars Aug 31
- Perkins, Silver Stars beat Shock Aug 30
- Catchings' double-double vaults Fever past Liberty Aug 30