Silver Stars beat Dream for 9th straight winJul 14, 2012 - 3:00 AM San Antonio, TX (Sports Network) - Jia Perkins scored 21 points off the bench and the San Antonio Silver Stars beat the Atlanta Dream, 91-70, on Friday to head into the Olympic break on a nine-game winning streak.
Becky Hammon added 15 points while Sophia Young, Danielle Robinson and Shenise Johnson scored 12 apiece for the Silver Stars, who haven't lost a game since June 22.
Sancho Lyttle had 21 points and 12 rebounds to lead the Dream, who have lost three of five.
Silver Stars forward Angel McCoughtry is on the U.S. women's Olympic team and didn't play Friday.
Both teams are off until Aug. 17, when San Antonio will play Tulsa and Atlanta will face Chicago.
- ATLANTA: 70
SAN ANTONIO: 91
Jul 13 10:02 PM
- ATLANTA: 37
SAN ANTONIO: 42
Jul 13 8:52 PM
- ATLANTA: 0
SAN ANTONIO: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jul 13 8:11 PM
- Dream make Michael Cooper head coach Nov 21
- Williams won't return for Dream Oct 21
- Lynx win second WNBA title in three years Oct 11
- Augustus, Lynx take 2-0 lead over Dream Oct 8
- Lynx rout Dream in Game 1 of WNBA Finals Oct 7
- McCoughtry, Dream reach WNBA Finals Sep 29
- Dream gain early upper hand over Fever in East Finals Sep 26
- Dream down Mystics in Game 3, advance to East finals Sep 23
- McCoughtry, Dream top Mystics Sep 22
- Latta, Mystics down Dream in Game 1 Sep 20
- Adams leads Silver Stars in rout of Dream Sep 15
- Taurasi's double-double powers Mercury past Silver Stars Sep 14