McCoughtry, de Souza lead Dream over SkyAug 18, 2012 - 2:48 AM Rosemont, IL (Sports Network) - Angel McCoughtry and Erika de Souza both returned to the Dream on Friday and led Atlanta to an 82-76 victory over the Chicago Sky.
The contest was the first for both squads following the Olympic break, though McCoughtry missed the Dream's previous four games with a left knee sprain.
McCoughtry totaled 25 points, eight rebounds, six assists and five steals for the Dream, who were 2-2 without the All-Star forward.
In her first game of the season as a result of training with the Brazil national team, de Souza added 19 points and six boards, while Lindsey Harding and Sancho Lyttle chipped in 15 and 14 points, respectively.
The Sky also got one of its best players back in the form of Epiphanny Prince, but it wasn't enough to stop a four-game slide.
Prince, who had been out since June 16 with a fractured right foot, posted a team-high 16 points in defeat.
- ATLANTA: 82
Aug 17 10:33 PM
- ATLANTA: 44
Aug 17 9:27 PM
- ATLANTA: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Aug 17 8:41 PM
- Dream make Michael Cooper head coach Nov 21
- Williams won't return for Dream Oct 21
- Lynx win second WNBA title in three years Oct 11
- Augustus, Lynx take 2-0 lead over Dream Oct 8
- Lynx rout Dream in Game 1 of WNBA Finals Oct 7
- McCoughtry, Dream reach WNBA Finals Sep 29
- Dream gain early upper hand over Fever in East Finals Sep 26
- Dream down Mystics in Game 3, advance to East finals Sep 23
- Fever cruise past Sky, return to conference finals Sep 22
- McCoughtry, Dream top Mystics Sep 22
- Fever beat top-seeded Sky to open playoffs Sep 20
- Latta, Mystics down Dream in Game 1 Sep 20