Silver Stars pummel Mercury for 11th straight winAug 20, 2012 - 12:12 AM Phoenix, AZ (Sports Network) - Becky Hammon scored a team-high 19 points as the San Antonio Silver Stars extended their franchise-record winning streak to 11 games with an 89-47 annihilation of the struggling Phoenix Mercury.
Shenise Johnson totaled 15 points and nine rebounds and fellow reserve Shenise Johnson chipped in 13 and nine for the Stars, who have not lost since June 22 at Seattle.
The Mercury shot 27 percent from the field and were held to nine points in the second quarter and five in the fourth en route to a franchise-worse eighth straight loss.
Alexis Hornbuckle and DeWanna Bonner scored 11 and 10 points, respectively, in defeat.
- Silver Stars G Hammon breaks finger Mon
- Silver Stars sign Flores Mar 14
- Silver Stars sign F Delisha Milton-Jones Mar 7
- Silver Stars re-sign Perkins to multi-year deal Feb 11
- Silver Stars' Young tears ACL Feb 4
- Silver Stars extend Hughes Jan 14
- Sparks down Silver Stars to advance to Western Conference Finals Sep 29
- Toliver, Parker push Sparks past Silver Stars Sep 28
- Mercury win No. 1 pick Sep 26
- Silver Stars reward Young with contract extension Sep 24
- Storm down Mercury in regular-season finale Sep 23
- Adams helps Silver Stars beat Lynx Sep 23