Pondexter leads Liberty past SkyAug 22, 2012 - 2:17 AM Rosemont, IL (Sports Network) - Cappie Pondexter netted a game-high 25 points to lead the New York Liberty past the Chicago Sky, 77-67, on Tuesday.
Plenette Pierson added 21 points and six rebounds for the Liberty, who have won two of their last three games.
Sylvia Fowles finished with 18 points and eight boards, while Shay Murphy contributed 16 points and Epiphanny Price had 10 for Chicago, which has dropped seven straight and 11 of its last 12.
The Sky held a 21-16 advantage entering the second quarter, but after back-to- back layups by Fowles gave Chicago a 27-22 edge less than three minutes into the frame, New York closed out the half with an 18-5 run to carry a 40-32 lead into the break.
Chicago would not seriously threaten in the second half, trailing by at least six points and by as much as 18 as New York cruised to the win.
- NEW YORK: 77
Aug 21 10:02 PM
- NEW YORK: 40
Aug 21 8:58 PM
- NEW YORK: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Aug 21 8:12 PM
- Sky give Prince extension May 17
- Mystics acquire Hollingsworth from Liberty Apr 15
- Lynx acquire McCarville in three-team trade Mar 1
- Carson re-signs with Liberty, Smith signs as free agent Feb 26
- Bill Laimbeer appointed Liberty's coach/GM Oct 25
- Sun score final 14 points, sweep Liberty Sep 29
- League MVP Charles leads Sun to Game 1 win over Liberty Sep 28
- Vandersloot leads Sky over Mystics Sep 22
- Liberty use big second half to top Shock Sep 22
- Dream eliminate Sky from postseason contention Sep 20
- Shock win, but Liberty clinch playoff spot Sep 20
- Wauters helps Storm take down Sky Sep 19