Lawson lifts Sun over Shock in OTAug 22, 2012 - 2:41 AM Uncasville, CT (Sports Network) - Kara Lawson's 3-pointer with 11.8 seconds left in overtime lifted the Connecticut Sun over the Tulsa Shock, 82-80, on Tuesday night.
Lawson ended with 19 points for the Eastern Conference-leading Sun, who improved to 17-5. Tina Charles tallied 13 points and eight rebounds and Mistie Mims added 11 points and 11 boards.
Temeka Johnson and Jennifer Lacy had 14 points apiece for the Shock, who fell to 3-18 on the season. Roneeka Hodges and Ivory Latta had 13 points each.
Johnson's layup gave Tulsa an 80-79 lead with 18.2 seconds left in overtime.
But Lawson made the go-ahead shot from beyond the arc at the other end to give the Sun the lead back.
Latta missed a 24-footer in the final seconds.
- TULSA: 80
Final - OT
Aug 21 9:23 PM
- TULSA: 52
End of 3rd
Aug 21 8:34 PM
- TULSA: 34
Aug 21 7:56 PM
- TULSA: 15
End of 1st
Aug 21 7:27 PM
- TULSA: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Aug 21 7:08 PM
- Shock dismiss Kloppenburg as head coach Oct 15
- Late free throws lead Sun over Fever Sep 15
- Thompson leads Storm past Shock Sep 15
- Mystics sink club-record 12 threes in rout of Sun Sep 13
- Stricklen leads Storm past Shock Sep 12
- Bass' late layup lifts Sun over Dream Sep 11
- Williams, McCoughtry named WNBA Players of the Week Sep 9
- Shock's Williams nets WNBA-record 51 points Sep 8
- Fever clinch playoff berth with win over Sun Sep 7
- Parker, Sparks down Shock Sep 6
- White helps Sun end skid Sep 6
- Wiggins carries Shock past Liberty Sep 1