Lawson lifts Sun over Shock in OTAug 22, 2012 - 2:41 AM Uncasville, CT (Sports Network) - Kara Lawson's 3-pointer with 11.8 seconds left in overtime lifted the Connecticut Sun over the Tulsa Shock, 82-80, on Tuesday night.
Lawson ended with 19 points for the Eastern Conference-leading Sun, who improved to 17-5. Tina Charles tallied 13 points and eight rebounds and Mistie Mims added 11 points and 11 boards.
Temeka Johnson and Jennifer Lacy had 14 points apiece for the Shock, who fell to 3-18 on the season. Roneeka Hodges and Ivory Latta had 13 points each.
Johnson's layup gave Tulsa an 80-79 lead with 18.2 seconds left in overtime.
But Lawson made the go-ahead shot from beyond the arc at the other end to give the Sun the lead back.
Latta missed a 24-footer in the final seconds.
- TULSA: 80
Final - OT
Aug 21 9:23 PM
- TULSA: 52
End of 3rd
Aug 21 8:34 PM
- TULSA: 34
Aug 21 7:56 PM
- TULSA: 15
End of 1st
Aug 21 7:27 PM
- TULSA: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Aug 21 7:08 PM
- Lynx acquire McCarville in three-team trade Mar 1
- Sun name Anne Donovan head coach Jan 3
- Thibault out as Sun coach Nov 20
- Fever bury Sun to advance to Finals Oct 11
- Zellous lifts Fever over Sun in Game 2 Oct 8
- Sun down Fever in Game 1 Oct 5
- Sun score final 14 points, sweep Liberty Sep 29
- League MVP Charles leads Sun to Game 1 win over Liberty Sep 28
- Sun G Lawson takes home WNBA's sportsmanship award Sep 27
- Sun's Montgomery earns Sixth Woman Award Sep 27
- Charles, Parker named Players of the Week Sep 24
- Phillips, Catchings lead Fever past Shock Sep 23