Series finale between Blue Jays and Tigers rained outApr 5, 2007 - 2:56 PM DETROIT (Ticker) -- The Toronto Blue Jays and Detroit Tigers will not play a rubber game in their season-opening series.
Thursday afternoon's contest has been postponed due to inclement weather.
The game has been rescheduled for Monday, September 10 at 7:05 p.m. EDT.
The Blue Jays won the season opener, 5-3, in 10 innings on Monday. The defending American League champions evened the series with a 10-9 victory on Wednesday.
Reigning American League Rookie of the Year Justin Verlander was scheduled to make his season debut for the Tigers on Thursday. Instead, he will start on Friday when the Tigers begin a three-game series in Kansas City.
Gustavo Chacin, Toronto's scheduled starter on Thursday, will start on Friday when the Blue Jays open a series in Tampa Bay.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Zimmermann expected to miss at least 1 start for Tigers May 23
- Blue Jays-Yankees Preview May 23
- LEADING OFF: Kershaw tests streak vs Reds, Colon faces Nats May 23
- Ejections aplenty for Blue Jays lately May 23
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Tigers beat Rays 9-4 but Zimmermann, Cabrera hurt May 22
- Phillies-Tigers Preview May 22
- Hughes drops to 1-7 as Twins lose to Blue Jays 3-1 May 22
- Bautista, Donaldson homers propel Blue Jays over Twins 3-1 May 22
- Eickhoff shuts down Braves over 7 innings, Phillies win 5-0 May 22
- Archer hit hard as Rays fall 9-4 to Tigers May 22
- Cabrera leaves game after being hit in knee area with pitch May 22