Rainout forces day-night doubleheader ThursdayMay 16, 2007 - 11:15 PM BOSTON (Ticker) -- The game between the Detroit Tigers and Boston Red Sox was postponed due to rain.
The game was rescheduled as part of a day-night doubleheader on Thursday, May 17. Game One will begin at 12:35 p.m. EDT, while the nightcap will start at 7:05 p.m.
Detroit, which posted a 7-2 victory over Boston on Tuesday after suffering a 7-1 loss in the series opener a day earlier, will start lefthander Mike Maroth (3-0, 4.69 ERA) in the first game and righthander Chad Durbin (3-1, 5.08) in Game Two. Maroth is 0-6 in seven career starts against the Red Sox.
Boston counters with righthanders Julian Tavarez (1-5, 6.60) and Curt Schilling (4-1, 3.63). Schilling, who will start the nightcap, is just 1-3 lifetime vs. the Tigers.
The Red Sox, who have won seven of their last nine games, entered Wednesday 8 1/2 games ahead of the second-place New York Yankees in the American League East Division. Detroit, which has lost just three of its last 15 contests, began the day in first place in the AL Central, one game in front of Cleveland.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Zimmermann expected to miss at least 1 start for Tigers May 23
- Ventura: Relievers, media pose threats to Bradley's streak May 23
- LEADING OFF: Kershaw tests streak vs Reds, Colon faces Nats May 23
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Tigers beat Rays 9-4 but Zimmermann, Cabrera hurt May 22
- Phillies-Tigers Preview May 22
- Ortiz gets 4 hits, Bradley's streak at 27, Bosox top Indians May 22
- Eickhoff shuts down Braves over 7 innings, Phillies win 5-0 May 22
- Archer hit hard as Rays fall 9-4 to Tigers May 22
- Cabrera leaves game after being hit in knee area with pitch May 22
- Boston's Bradley extends hitting streak to 27 games May 22
- Detroit's Zimmermann leaves in 6th with groin strain May 22