Rays-Orioles game rained outApr 4, 2008 - 12:17 AM BALTIMORE (Ticker) -- Thursday night's game between the Tampa Bay Rays and Baltimore Orioles has been postponed due to rain.
No make-up date has been announced.
Steve Trachsel, who was scheduled to pitch Thursday's game, will take the mound when the Orioles host the Seattle Mariners on Friday.
The 15-year veteran went 7-11 with a 4.90 ERA with Baltimore and the Chicago Cubs last season.
With the Mariners coming to town, so to will former Orioles ace Erik Bedard, who was acquired in February for five minor leaguers.
Bedard, who is slated to start on Sunday, went 13-5 with a 3.16 ERA with Baltimore in 2007, setting a single-season franchise record with 221 strikeouts. In his final 14 starts, he went 9-1 with a 2.65 ERA.
Andy Sonnanstine, who had a 6-10 record with a 5.85 ERA last season, will make his debut Friday, when the Rays visit the New York Yankees.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Rays' Kiermaier expected to miss 8-10 weeks with broken hand May 23
- Orioles-Astros Preview May 23
- Rays-Marlins Preview May 23
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Tigers beat Rays 9-4 but Zimmermann, Cabrera hurt May 22
- Perez's 5 RBIs help Weaver and Angels top Orioles 10-2 May 22
- Archer hit hard as Rays fall 9-4 to Tigers May 22
- Signs of progress for Stanton in Marlins' 8-2 loss to Nats May 22
- Shoemaker strikes out 12, Angels lose 3-1 to Orioles May 22
- Wieters homers in ninth to lift Orioles past Angels, 3-1 May 22
- Orioles-Angels Preview May 22
- Kiermaier breaks hand, Rays fall to Tigers 5-4 May 21