Yankees-Tigers series finale rained outMay 11, 2008 - 6:01 PM DETROIT (Ticker) -- After a brief 15-minute delay, Sunday's game between the New York Yankees and Detroit Tigers was postponed because of rain.
No makeup date was announced for Sunday's contest, which was to be the last of the season between the Yankees and Tigers. It likely will have to played on a mutually agreed upon off day for both teams.
A possible makeup date is September 1, which would in the midst of a nine-game homestand for the Tigers. The Yankees finish a six-game homestand against Toronto on August 31 before heading to Tampa Bay on September 2.
The Tigers won the first four games against the Yankees this season - including their first three-game sweep at Yankee Stadium since 1966 - before New York broke through for a 5-2 win on Saturday.
The Yankees begin a four-game series in Tampa Bay on Monday, while the Tigers head to Kansas City for a three-game set that begins on Tuesday.
Sunday's scheduled starters were pushed back, as Andy Pettitte (3-3) will start for the Yankees on Monday and Nate Robertson (1-4) will go for the Tigers on Tuesday.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Zimmermann expected to miss at least 1 start for Tigers May 23
- Blue Jays-Yankees Preview May 23
- LEADING OFF: Kershaw tests streak vs Reds, Colon faces Nats May 23
- Ejections aplenty for Blue Jays lately May 23
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Tigers beat Rays 9-4 but Zimmermann, Cabrera hurt May 22
- Bad day gets worse for Athletics in 5-4 loss to Yankees May 22
- Pineda ends slump; Yanks top Oakland 5-4 to win 5th straight May 22
- Phillies-Tigers Preview May 22
- Eickhoff shuts down Braves over 7 innings, Phillies win 5-0 May 22
- Archer hit hard as Rays fall 9-4 to Tigers May 22
- Cabrera leaves game after being hit in knee area with pitch May 22