Parker sizzles once again in French homecomingOct 8, 2006 - 4:58 PM PARIS (Ticker) -- Tony Parker once again had a bang in his homecoming.
Parker scored 17 of his 27 points in the first half as the San Antonio Spurs coasted to a 97-84 victory over Maccabi Tel Aviv in an NBA Europe Live preseason contest.
The All-Star point guard, returning from a finger injury that forced him to miss the World Championships, shot 10-of-16 from the field in 28 minutes.
It was another strong effort for Parker, who netted 26 points in a 115-90 win over Adecco Asvel Lyon on Thursday.
With actress girlfriend Eva Longoria sitting courtside, Parker did have an embarrassing moment in the third quarter, when he stole a pass and went in for a fast-break dunk but missed, failing to clear the ball over the rim.
Tim Duncan added 15 points and 11 rebounds and Manu Ginobili and Matt Bonner scored 10 points each for the Spurs, who built a 48-32 halftime lead. Overall, San Antonio shot 51 percent (39-of-77).
American native Jamie Arnold led the Israeli club with 15 points and nine rebounds.
Former NBA players Rodney Buford and Will Bynum scored eight points each for Maccabi Tel Aviv, which has reached the Euroeleague Final Four three straight years, winning the title in 2004 and 2005 before losing to CSKA Moscow a year ago.
- Spurs-Thunder Preview May 23
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- 24 teams set for NBA Summer League in Las Vegas in July May 18
- Cavs 9-0 in these playoffs, and joining rarefied NBA air May 18
- Defending champion Warriors expect tough task from Thunder May 16
- Capsule preview of the Warriors-Thunder West finals May 15
- Durant, Thunder beat Spurs and return to conference finals May 13
- Spurs unsure if Duncan or Ginobili will return May 13
- Thunder beat Spurs, advance to Western Conference finals May 13
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Spurs' Duncan competing with Thunder, Father Time May 12
- Spurs' Duncan competing with Thunder, Father Time May 11