Bibby leads Kings to win in preseason openerOct 13, 2006 - 4:00 AM DALLAS (Ticker) -- Mike Bibby got the Sacramento Kings' preseason off to a flying start.
Bibby made all four of his 3-pointers en route to 19 points as the Kings opened their exhibition season with a 111-90 victory against the Dallas Mavericks.
The Kings scored the first nine points of the game, including back-to-back 3-pointers by Bibby. The 28-year-old point guard finished with 11 points in the first quarter as Sacramento took a 25-18 lead.
Corliss Williamson scored eight of his 14 points in the second period, making all four of his shots in the session to help Sacramento to a 49-41 halftime advantage.
The Kings opened the second half on a 16-3 run to take a 65-44 lead with 7:57 left in the third quarter. Bibby scored five points in the burst, while Ron Artest and Kenny Thomas contributed four points apiece.
Sacramento shot 47 percent (39-of-83) from the field, including 8-of-20 from beyond the arc. Bibby made 5-of-9 shots and added six assists. Artest chipped in 13 points despite missing his first seven shots.
Josh Howard scored all 14 of his points in the first half and first-round pick Maurice Ager also contributed 14 points for Dallas, which shot 40 percent (29-of-73).
The Mavericks played without stars Dirk Nowitzki and Jason Terry, both of whom watched from the bench in street clothes.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- The Latest: Cuban: Sure, he'd run with Clinton or Trump May 22
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Mavericks guard Harris has surgeries on left toe, thumb May 10
- Kings' methodical coaching search ended with Dave Joerger May 10
- Kings hire coach Dave Joerger 2 days after firing in Memphis May 9
- A person with knowledge of the deal tells The Associated Press the Sacramento Kings have agreed to terms with Dave Joerger on a three-year deal to make him their new coach May 9
- Kings hire Catanella as assistant general manager Apr 28
- Nowitzki not retiring, all but certain to return to Mavs Apr 26
- Thunder use balance to advance past Mavericks Apr 26
- NBA Playoff Capsules Apr 26