Roberson outshines Anthony as Warriors win in MexicoOct 15, 2006 - 5:05 AM MONTERREY, Mexico (Ticker) -- Anthony Roberson displayed his sharpe shooting ability for the fans south of the boarder.
Roberson scored 28 points off the bench and Baron Davis added 18 and seven assists as the Golden State Warriors posted a 121-115 preseason victory over the Denver Nuggets.
It marked the 17th time the NBA has visited Mexico, but it was the first trip to Monterrey. The last time two clubs brought their talents across the boarder was when the Utah Jazz defeated the Dallas Mavericks, 90-85, on October 5, 2003 in Mexico City.
Roberson, who played 16 games with the Memphis Grizzlies last season, shot 8-of-12, including 3-of-4 from 3-point range for the Warriors, who outscored Denver by a 41-28 margin in the second quarter.
Mike Dunleavy scored 14 points and Troy Murphy had 10 and 14 rebounds for Golden State, which shot 47 percent (45-of-96) from the field and scored 58 points in the paint.
Carmelo Anthony contributed 25 points and seven rebounds while J.R. Smith and Linas Kleiza added 18 points apiece for the Nuggets, who shot 42 percent (38-of-89).
Denver forward and Mexico native Eduardo Najera, who started the game, chipped in three points and four rebounds.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Gary Payton unimpressed by Stephen Curry's unanimous MVP May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19