Yao scores 22 to lift Rockets over BucksOct 19, 2006 - 3:14 AM HOUSTON (Ticker) -- Yao Ming's minutes increased and so did his offensive output.
Yao scored 22 points and second-round pick Steve Novak added 17 points, including five 3-pointers, as the Houston Rockets cruised to a 111-97 victory over the Milwaukee Bucks in a preseason game.
After contributing eight points on 3-of-9 shooting and eight rebounds in 15 minutes of his preseason debut Tuesday against Dallas, Yao saw nearly double the amount of time on Wednesday, converting 8-of-21 attempts and all six foul shots. He sat out the first two exhibition contests due to toenail surgery.
Yao, who also grabbed seven rebounds, sparked an 8-0 run to end the first half with a pair of free throws and capped it with a layup for a 60-51 cushion at the break.
Kirk Snyder had 15 points and Rafer Alston chipped in 12 for the Rockets, who made 14 3-pointers. Tracy McGrady, Bonzi Wells and Shane Battier did not play.
Michael Redd scored 21 points in 20 minutes for the Bucks, who sank 11-of-19 shots from the arc. Lynn Greer netted 15 points, Mike Harris added 14 and second-round selection David Noel had four steals but missed all three shots in 23 minutes.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Bucks say IRS, FBI investigating email scam targeting team May 19
- NBA China to open basketball-themed Playzone in Shanghai May 17
- Rockets must find coach in wake of first-round ouster Apr 29
- Warriors reach second round with MVP Stephen Curry sidelined Apr 28
- Warriors roll into second round of playoffs without Curry Apr 28
- Warriors look to advance, Clippers, Heat aim for home wins Apr 27
- Rockets-Warriors Preview Apr 26
- Warriors look to advance, Clippers, Heat aim for home wins Apr 26
- Warriors-Rockets Game 4: most 1st-round viewers since '02 Apr 26
- Stephen Curry out at least 2 weeks with sprained right knee Apr 25
- NBA Playoff Capsules Apr 24
- Curry hurts knee but Warriors beat Rockets 121-94 in Game 4 Apr 24