Ellis, Warriors continued to roll in preseasonOct 20, 2006 - 2:10 AM LOS ANGELES (Ticker) -- Don Nelson has the Golden State Warriors on the right track.
Monta Ellis scored 18 points to lead eight players in double figures as the Warriors remain undefeated in the preseason with an 112-103 triumph over the New Orleans Hornets.
Nelson guided Golden State from 1989-95, taking the club four postseason appearances during his tenure. He last coached with Dallas for eight seasons before stepping down in March 2005.
The game was tied, 95-95, before Golden State used a 17-8 spurt over the final six minutes to seal the victory. Ellis and Dajuan Wagner combined to score 12 points during the run.
Wager finished with 14 points and Andris Biedrins added 13 and seven rebounds for the Warriors, who shot 51 percent (40-of-78) from the field and survived 25 turnovers.
First-round pick Patrick O'Bryant had two points and three rebounds in limited play for Golden State, which outscored New Orleans, 33-19, in the fourth quarter.
Linton Johnson and Jannero Pargo scored 17 points each for the Hornets, who shot 41 percent (35-of-85). Chris Paul contributed 13 points and seven assists.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Gary Payton unimpressed by Stephen Curry's unanimous MVP May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19