Turkoglu leads Magic past HawksOct 20, 2006 - 3:02 AM BIRMINGHAM, Alabama (Ticker) -- Hedo Turkoglu did plenty of damage before an early exit.
Turkoglu scored 21 points before fouling out in the third quarter and Dwight Howard added 20 as the Orlando Magic posted a 109-88 preseason victory over the Atlanta Hawks.
Last season, Turkoglu had a career campaign, averaging 14.9 points and 2.8 assists in 78 games. However, he battled a mystery illness in training camp and earlier in the preseason.
On Thursday, he was at full strength. The 6-10 forward was 8-of-9 from the field, connecting on all three of his shots from the arc, before fouling out with 40 seconds remaining in the third quarter.
Howard shot 6-of-9 and grabbed 16 boards for the Magic, who shot 49 percent (35-for-71) and used a 27-7 third-quarter run to secure the victory.
Darko Milicic did not play after suffering a bruised lower back in Tuesday's 100-96 loss to the Hawks.
Marvin Williams netted 15 points and Salim Stoudamire had 13 for Atlanta, which was outrebounded, 45-31.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Point man: Irving shines in Cavs' demolition of Raptors May 18
- After long overseas career, Nets coach Atkinson back in NY May 16
- Thursday's Sports in Brief May 13
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Scott Skiles resigns as coach of Magic after just 1 season May 12
- BC-AP Sports Preview Digest May 12
- After fallback season, Hawks look to rise again in East May 9
- Big Three leads Cavaliers back to Eastern Conference finals May 9
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 8