Marion's third-quarter effort helps Suns to winOct 20, 2006 - 4:53 AM PHOENIX (Ticker) -- Shawn Marion scored 14 of his 20 points in the third quarter and two-time reigning MVP Steve Nash added 17 and 13 assists as the Phoenix Suns posted a 111-94 victory over the Sacramento Kings in a preseason matchup.
Marion made 9-of-18 shots and pulled down eight rebounds for the Suns, who outscored the Kings, 43-27, in the third period to build an 85-72 advantage entering the final quarter.
James Jones had 14 points and Raja Bell - who was whistled for a flagrant foul in the third quarter - added 10 for Phoenix, which owned a 43-37 edge on the boards.
Amare Stoudemire finished with eight points, four rebounds and two blocks in 19 minutes for the Suns, who shot 50 percent (41-of-82) from the floor.
John Salmons collected 15 points and 11 rebounds and Ron Artest added 14 as the Kings fell to 2-1 in the preseason.
Undrafted rookie Ronnie Price scored 12 points and Corliss Williamson and Brad Miller chipped in 10 apiece for Sacramento, which led, 45-42, at the half.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- Kings' methodical coaching search ended with Dave Joerger May 10
- Kings hire coach Dave Joerger 2 days after firing in Memphis May 9
- A person with knowledge of the deal tells The Associated Press the Sacramento Kings have agreed to terms with Dave Joerger on a three-year deal to make him their new coach May 9
- Kings hire Catanella as assistant general manager Apr 28
- Tuesday's Sports in Brief Apr 20
- AP Sources: Kings to interview Del Negro, Jackson, Mitchell Apr 20
- Suns remove 'interim' tag, retain Earl Watson as coach Apr 19
- Jazz disappointed to miss playoffs, but gain experience Apr 14
- After awful season, Suns may well retain Watson as coach Apr 14
- Kings fire coach George Karl after 1 full season Apr 14