Redd helps Bucks outscore NuggetsOct 22, 2006 - 3:43 AM MILWAUKEE (Ticker) -- Without Carmelo Anthony in the lineup, it was futile for the Denver Nuggets to try and match baskets with the Milwaukee Bucks.
Michael Redd scored 28 points to power the Bucks to a 119-108 preseason victory over the Nuggets.
In a run-and-gun matchup, the Nuggets were undermanned without Anthony, their star forward and the eighth-leading scorer in the league last season. Anthony is still recovering from a wisdom tooth extraction.
Redd could not be stopped, connecting on 9-of-15 shots. He scored 10 points in the last 6:11 of the first half to give Milwaukee a 76-65 lead at the break.
Ruben Patterson also made 9-of-15 shots and added 19 points for the Bucks, including the last three baskets of the opening half. Overall, Milwaukee shot 48 percent (47-for-98).
Linas Kleiza scored 23 points to lead the Nuggets, who shot 45 percent (39-of-86).
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Bucks say IRS, FBI investigating email scam targeting team May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- Timberwolves' Towns is unanimous Rookie of the Year pick May 16
- Blazers' McCollum wins NBA's Most Improved Player Apr 22
- Nuggets miss postseason for a 3rd straight year Apr 14
- Bucks step back on court, but future secure with new arena Apr 14
- 76ers counting on free agents, draft picks for better future Apr 14
- Playoff destination sealed, Blazers beat Nuggets 107-99 Apr 14
- Police: Woman hurt trying to slide down rail at Bucks game Apr 14
- NBA Capsules Apr 14
- Solomon Hill scores 25, Pacers beat Bucks 97-92 Apr 13
- Milwaukee Bucks sign 30-year lease with arena owner Apr 13