Arenas, Jamison lead Wizards past HawksOct 24, 2006 - 2:19 AM ATLANTA (Ticker) -- Gilbert Arenas and Antawn Jamison were too much to handle.
Arenas scored 29 points and Jamison added 12 of his 22 in the fourth quarter as the Washington Wizards held on for a 110-105 preseason victory over the Atlanta Hawks.
The duo combined to shoot 18-of-33, including 5-of-12 on 3-pointers, for the Wizards, who led by as many as 20 points.
The Hawks were able to erase a 14-point deficit with 6:10 remaining by using a 22-6 surge for a 96-94 advantage. Marvin Williams scored nine of his 17 points in the run.
However, Jamison put the team on his back and took over, scoring nine points during a four-minute stretch to help build a 103-100 bulge.
Caron Butler had 15 points and seven assists and Jarvis Hayes contributed 14 points and seven rebounds for Washington, which shot 45 percent (34-of-75) and survived 22 turnovers.
Joe Johnson scored 28 points and high-flyer Josh Smith chipped in 14 to go with 11 rebounds and seven assists for the Hawks, who shot 50 percent (38-of-76). First-round pick Shelden Williams added nine points and two blocks.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Point man: Irving shines in Cavs' demolition of Raptors May 18
- After long overseas career, Nets coach Atkinson back in NY May 16
- After fallback season, Hawks look to rise again in East May 9
- Love, James lead Cavs to another sweep, 100-99 over Hawks May 9
- Big Three leads Cavaliers back to Eastern Conference finals May 9
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 8
- Cavs looks unstoppable as they eye another playoff sweep May 8
- Cavaliers-Hawks Preview May 7
- Cavs looks unstoppable as they eye another playoff sweep May 7
- Frye leads another 3-point barrage, Cavs beat Hawks 121-108 May 7
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 7
- Hawks lineup change: Sefolosha for Korver in Game 3 vs Cavs May 6