Allen helps Sonics end four-game slideOct 24, 2006 - 4:58 AM PHOENIX (Ticker) -- Ray Allen scored 25 points and Rashard Lewis added 23 as the Seattle SuperSonics edged the Phoenix Suns, 108-102, to snap a four-game preseason losing streak.
Luke Ridnour collected 11 points, eight rebounds and six assists for the Sonics, who outscored the Suns, 14-4, in the final 3:15 of a tight contest throughout.
Earl Watson, who netted 10 points, sparked the run with a 3-pointer and Lewis' 3-pointer with 2:01 remaining gave Seattle the lead for good, 102-100.
First-round pick Saer Sene did not attempt a shot in five minutes for the Sonics, who survived 20 turnovers.
Kurt Thomas scored 20 points and grabbed nine rebounds and Shawn Marion added 17 and 10 for the Suns, who made just 8-of-29 shots from long distance.
Raja Bell had 14 points, Amare Stoudemire added 13 in 20 minutes and two-time reigning MVP Steve Nash chipped in 12 points and 11 assists but committed seven turnovers for Phoenix, which dropped its second game in a row.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- Suns remove 'interim' tag, retain Earl Watson as coach Apr 19
- Jazz disappointed to miss playoffs, but gain experience Apr 14
- After awful season, Suns may well retain Watson as coach Apr 14
- Teletovic's 22 leads Suns past Clippers reserves, 114-105 Apr 14
- Clippers-Suns Preview Apr 13
- Suns shift D-League team to Prescott Valley, Arizona Apr 12
- 'Other' Curry has big night in Kings' victory over Suns Apr 12
- Kings-Suns Preview Apr 10
- NBA Capsules Apr 10
- Goodwin, Teletovic lead Suns over Pelicans 121-100 Apr 9