Jazz overpower division rival NuggetsOct 25, 2006 - 4:13 AM DENVER (Ticker) -- The Utah Jazz weren't trying to send a message to their division rival, were they?
Carlos Boozer scored 16 points and hauled in nine rebounds to lead the Jazz to a 127-107 preseason rout of the Denver Nuggets.
Boozer was 6-of-7 from the floor and C.J. Miles scored 11 of his 13 points in a 37-point second quarter for the Jazz, who received at least five points from 11 different players.
The game was tied at the start of the second period before Utah outscored Denver by 18 for a 63-45 halftime lead. Matt Harpring added 17 points for the Jazz, who shot 54 percent (44-of-81).
Utah started the third period on a 14-1 run to go up, 77-46. The Jazz, who finished three games behind the Northwest Division-winning Nuggets in 2005-06, scored at least 32 points in three of the four quarters.
J.R.Smith was one of the few bright spots for Denver with 26 points on 9-of-14 shooting. The third-year guard made eight 3-pointers, all in the second half.
Denver shot 42 percent (33-of-77) and received 10 assists each by Earl Boykins and Andre Miller. Carmelo Anthony scored 14 points but was just 4-of-15 from the floor.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- Timberwolves' Towns is unanimous Rookie of the Year pick May 16
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- New Jazz uniforms include sleeved alternate jersey May 12
- Utah Jazz extend contract of coach Quin Snyder May 6
- Jazz disappointed to miss playoffs, but gain experience Apr 14
- Nuggets miss postseason for a 3rd straight year Apr 14
- Kobe scores 60 points in unbelievable farewell victory Apr 14
- Playoff destination sealed, Blazers beat Nuggets 107-99 Apr 14
- Warriors' chase, Kobe's finale highlight NBA's final night Apr 13
- Nuggets-Trail Blazers Preview Apr 13
- Improved Kemba Walker has Hornets back in the playoffs Apr 12