Seven Sonics reach double figures in win over KingsOct 26, 2006 - 4:52 AM SEATTLE (Ticker) -- The Seattle SuperSonics caught the Sacramento Kings at the right time - the second game of a back-to-back.
Rashard Lewis scored 16 points, leading seven players in double figures, as the Sonics posted a 103-88 victory over the Kings in a preseason matchup.
Luke Ridnour and Nick Collison added 15 points apiece and Damian Wilkins chipped in 14 for Seattle, which outscored Sacramento's bench, 51-23.
On Tuesday, the Kings suffered an 84-81 overtime setback to the New Orleans Hornets, and a day later they were outscored, 31-15, in the second quarter and, 25-16, in the third, allowing the Sonics to take a comfortable 78-59 lead into the closing period.
Kevin Martin scored 22 points, notching his second straight outing of at least 20, and point guard Ronny Price added 15 points but did not hand out an assist for Sacramento, which shot 43 percent (31-of-72).
Seattle center Robert Swift left the game in the first quarter after spraining his right knee. He is scheduled for an MRI on Thursday. Reserve guard Earl Watson, who had 12 points, departed in the fourth quarter after receiving an inadvertent elbow to the mouth from Martin.
Kings guard Mike Bibby missed his second straight exhibition game due to a right thumb injury. He will be out nearly three weeks.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- Kings' methodical coaching search ended with Dave Joerger May 10
- Kings hire coach Dave Joerger 2 days after firing in Memphis May 9
- A person with knowledge of the deal tells The Associated Press the Sacramento Kings have agreed to terms with Dave Joerger on a three-year deal to make him their new coach May 9
- Kings hire Catanella as assistant general manager Apr 28
- Tuesday's Sports in Brief Apr 20
- AP Sources: Kings to interview Del Negro, Jackson, Mitchell Apr 20
- Kings fire coach George Karl after 1 full season Apr 14
- NBA Capsules Apr 14
- Rockets clinch playoff berth with 116-81 win over Kings Apr 13
- Karl coaching Kings amid reports he could be fired Apr 13
- Warriors' chase, Kobe's finale highlight NBA's final night Apr 13