Jazz conclude preseason with consecutive blowoutsOct 27, 2006 - 3:55 AM SALT LAKE CITY (Ticker) -- The Utah Jazz finished the preseason on an offensive high.
Deron Williams scored 21 points and handed out seven assists as the Jazz jumped ahead early, paving the way for a 122-96 victory over the Indiana Pacers in the exhibition finale for both teams.
On Tuesday, Utah (4-4) posted a 127-107 win over Denver, shooting 54 percent (44-of-81) overall and outscoring the Nuggets, 37-19, in the second quarter to take control of the game.
The Jazz implemented a similar plan Thursday, building a 40-26 lead after the opening period. A basket by Williams capped a 14-2 burst to start the second frame for a comfortable 54-28 cushion with 7:43 to go before the half. Utah led, 67-45, at the break.
First-round pick Ronnie Brewer and Andrei Kirilenko netted 13 points apiece for the Jazz, who shot 45 percent (38-of-84).
Al Harrington scored 24 points and Stephen Jackson added 19 for the Pacers, who finished the preseason with a 3-5 record.
Utah opens the regular season here against Houston on Wednesday, while Indiana visits Charlotte on the same night.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- Nate McMillan takes over as head coach of the Indiana Pacers May 16
- Indiana Pacers promote assistant Nate McMillan to be team's head coach May 16
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- New Jazz uniforms include sleeved alternate jersey May 12
- Utah Jazz extend contract of coach Quin Snyder May 6
- Pacers seeking new voice after parting ways with Frank Vogel May 5
- Indiana Pacers not renewing contract of coach Frank Vogel May 5