Anthony, Nuggets rout Lakers in preseason contestOct 27, 2006 - 5:04 AM ANAHEIM, California (Ticker) -- Carmelo Anthony was on a roll against the Los Angeles Lakers.
Anthony scored 32 points and Andre Miller flirted with a triple-double as the Denver Nuggets posted a 126-108 preseason victory over the Lakers.
This summer, Anthony was the leading scorer for Team USA at the World Championships and was named to the all-tournament team. On Thursday, the star forward shot 11-of-16 from the field to lead the Nuggets' high-scoring attack.
Miller collected 14 points, 11 assists and eight rebounds. Linas Kleiza, a 2005 first-round pick, added 19 points for Denver, which shot a blistering 60 percent (43-of-71).
Andrew Bynum, the 10th-overall pick in 2005, scored 23 points and collected seven boards to pace the Lakers. Lamar Odom netted 17 points for Los Angeles, which shot 47 percent (42-of-89) and was outrebounded 51-31.
Lakers superstar Kobe Bryant continued to sit out preseason games while he recovers from offseason knee surgery.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- NBA's 6-city tour lets US catch up in 3-on-3 basketball May 21
- Entering Hollywood, Kobe Bryant gets advice from Spielberg May 20
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- Cavs 9-0 in these playoffs, and joining rarefied NBA air May 18
- 76ers win NBA draft lottery, Lakers stay at No. 2, keep pick May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Jim McMillian, forward on '72 Lakers title team, dead at 68 May 16
- Timberwolves' Towns is unanimous Rookie of the Year pick May 16
- Clarification: Stars fuel hope for mid-major prospects May 13
- LeBron says Curry deserves MVP, debates meaning of award May 11
- Stephen Curry is first unanimous NBA MVP, takes honor again May 10
- Kobe Bryant's animated short gets assist from John Williams May 5