Garnett, Timberwolves rout Bucks in preseason contestOct 28, 2006 - 3:46 AM GRAND RAPIDS, North Dakota (Ticker) -- Kevin Garnett was in midseason form in the Minnesota Timberwolves' preseason finale.
Garnett scored 21 points and Ricky Davis added 16 as the Timberwolves posted a 101-76 preseason victory over the Milwaukee Bucks.
A nine-time All-Star, Garnett led the NBA in rebounding last season with 12.7 per game.
Mike James, who signed a four-year $23.5 million contract with Minnesota in the offseason, added 15 points.
Rookie Damir Markota scored 17 points and 2005 second-round pick Ersan Ilyasova netted 12 for the Bucks, who host Sacramento in their opener Wednesday.
Minnesota visits Detroit in its opener Wednesday.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Timberwolves will not retain Newton, Kander May 20
- Bucks say IRS, FBI investigating email scam targeting team May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Timberwolves' Towns is unanimous Rookie of the Year pick May 16
- T-wolves will send Towns with Flip's ring for lottery luck May 16
- Weekend Sports in Brief May 16
- AP Source: Karl-Anthony Towns is NBA Rookie of the Year May 15
- Zach LaVine wins NBA Cares Community Assist award for April May 9
- Thibodeau's role w/Wolves: 'It's about alignment, not power' Apr 26
- Blazers' McCollum wins NBA's Most Improved Player Apr 22
- Minnesota Timberwolves hire Tom Thibodeau as coach and president, Scott Layden as GM Apr 20