Parker, Spurs top Mavericks in playoff rematchOct 28, 2006 - 3:51 AM SAN ANTONIO (Ticker) -- Tony Parker made sure to beat the rival Dallas Mavericks this time.
Parker scored 20 points and Manu Ginobili added 16 as the San Antonio Spurs posted a 100-79 preseason victory over the Mavericks in a rematch of last season's classic Western Conference semifinals matchup.
Last season, Parker scored 24 points in the Spurs' 119-111 overtime loss to the Mavericks in one of the best playoff series in NBA history. On Friday, the star point guard shot 9-of-11 from the field and handed out four assists.
Ginobili was 6-of-8 from the floor, connecting three times from beyond the arc.
Tim Duncan scored nine points and grabbed six rebounds in 23 minutes for the Spurs, who shot a blistering 56 percent (41-of-73).
Spurs veteran swingman Michael Finley did not play with the flu.
Josh Howard scored 15 points and Dirk Nowitzki added 13 for the Mavericks, who shot just 38 percent (28-of-73).
Dallas hosts San Antonio in the season opener for both teams Thursday night.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- The Latest: Cuban: Sure, he'd run with Clinton or Trump May 22
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- 24 teams set for NBA Summer League in Las Vegas in July May 18
- Cavs 9-0 in these playoffs, and joining rarefied NBA air May 18
- Defending champion Warriors expect tough task from Thunder May 16
- Capsule preview of the Warriors-Thunder West finals May 15
- Durant, Thunder beat Spurs and return to conference finals May 13
- Spurs unsure if Duncan or Ginobili will return May 13
- Thunder beat Spurs, advance to Western Conference finals May 13
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Spurs' Duncan competing with Thunder, Father Time May 12