Martin leads Kings to final preseason winOct 28, 2006 - 4:52 AM SACRAMENTO, California (Ticker) -- Kevin Martin helped the Sacramento Kings finish the preseason on a high note.
Martin scored 26 points and Ron Artest added 19 and eight rebounds as the Kings posted an 84-78 victory over the Portland Trail Blazers in the preseason finale for both clubs.
Martin, entering his third season, made 7-of-18 shots and three 3-pointers. He scored 17 points in the first quarter.
The 26th overall pick in 2004, Martin will see increased playing time early in the season while starting point guard Mike Bibby recovers from a thumb injury.
Brad Miller added 11 points and eight rebounds for Sacramento, which opens the regular season at Minnesota on Wednesday. The Kings went 5-3 in the preseason.
Rookie Brandon Roy scored all 16 of his points in the second half for the Trail Blazers, who open the season at Seattle on Wednesday.
Travis Outlaw added 12 points for Portland, which shot 40 percent (27-of-67). The Trail Blazers finished the preseason with a 2-6 mark.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- Blazers coach Terry Stotts agrees to 3-year extension May 16
- Defending champion Warriors expect tough task from Thunder May 16
- Clarification: Stars fuel hope for mid-major prospects May 13
- Damian Lillard and Trail Blazers look to bright future May 12
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- MVP Curry and his Warriors teammates move closer to goal May 12
- Splash Brothers Curry, Thompson send Warriors to West finals May 12
- Trail Blazers-Warriors Preview May 11
- Warriors look to clinch, Heat-Raptors face pivotal Game 5 May 11
- Warriors look to clinch, Heat-Raptors face pivotal Game 5 May 10