Harrington helps Pacers turn tables on HawksDec 23, 2006 - 3:28 AM ATLANTA (Ticker) -- Al Harrington knows how to help his current team beat his old club.
Harrington scored 20 points as the Indiana Pacers snapped a four-game losing streak to the Atlanta Hawks with a 100-90 victory.
A former Hawk, Stephen Jackson netted a season-high 27 points, including four 3-pointers, and Jermaine O'Neal added 16 and 11 rebounds for the Pacers, who connected on 9-of-21 attempts from the arc.
Last season, Harrington, who played his first six seasons in Indiana, averaged 20.5 points in the Hawks' four wins over the Pacers. But in his first trip back to Atlanta since being traded during the offseason, Harrington reached that point total against his former club and the result was very similar.
The 6-9 forward had seven consecutive points and nine overall during an 11-4 burst, creating a 66-56 cushion with 5:43 left in the third quarter.
Indiana maintained a comfortable margin the rest of the way, sealing back-to-back wins. Joe Johnson scored 22 of his 31 points in the first half and Marvin Williams added 18 for the Hawks, who endured their fourth straight home setback. Speedy Claxton departed with 7:11 left in the third period due to back spasms.
ATLANTA 90 FINAL
Dec 22 10:00 PM
ATLANTA 69 END, 3RD QTR
Dec 22 9:23 PM
ATLANTA 47 HALFTIME
Dec 22 8:41 PM
ATLANTA 21 END, 1ST QTR
Dec 22 8:07 PM
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- Point man: Irving shines in Cavs' demolition of Raptors May 18
- After long overseas career, Nets coach Atkinson back in NY May 16
- Nate McMillan takes over as head coach of the Indiana Pacers May 16
- Indiana Pacers promote assistant Nate McMillan to be team's head coach May 16
- After fallback season, Hawks look to rise again in East May 9
- Big Three leads Cavaliers back to Eastern Conference finals May 9
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 8