Nash, Suns cruise by PacersMar 3, 2007 - 8:08 AM PHOENIX (Ticker) -- Steve Nash and the Phoenix Suns figured if they could beat the Indiana Pacers on the road earlier this week, why not come home and do the same thing.
Nash scored 23 points and fellow All-Star Amare Stoudemire also added 23 along with 10 rebounds as the Suns posted their fourth straight victory over the Pacers, 115-90.
Raja Bell had 17 points and supersub Leandro Barbosa added 14 and 10 assists for Phoenix, which has won six of its last seven here.
"The Suns play well in this building," Pacers coach Rick Carlisle said. "I thought the key was they had some guys step up off the bench. It was a great effort on their part."
In addition to Barbosa, the Suns also received productive play from little-used reserves Eric Piatkowski and Pat Burke, who both had season-highs of 11 and 10 points, respectively.
"It was a good effort, especially the two guys who came off the bench," Suns coach Mike D'Antoni said. "They did a good job for us and that was probably the difference. Everybody just pitched in and did a good job."
Phoenix shot 53 percent (41-of-78) and led, 62-49, by halftime.
"We came out and played strong from the beginning," Stoudemire said. "That's one thing coach D'Antoni really stressed, to come out with a lot of energy."
Danny Granger scored 20 points and All-Star Jermaine O'Neal added 16 and seven rebounds for the Pacers, who shot just 39 percent (33-of-85) and tied a season high with its fourth straight loss.
"We started out well but I think we couldn't withstand it," Danny Granger said. "At the end they put on a barrage and they had us down 13 going into the half and we couldn't overcome that."
PHOENIX 115 FINAL
Mar 2 11:23 PM
PHOENIX 89 END, 3RD QTR
Mar 2 10:52 PM
PHOENIX 62 HALFTIME
Mar 2 10:08 PM
PHOENIX 30 END, 1ST QTR
Mar 2 9:35 PM
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- Nate McMillan takes over as head coach of the Indiana Pacers May 16
- Indiana Pacers promote assistant Nate McMillan to be team's head coach May 16
- Pacers seeking new voice after parting ways with Frank Vogel May 5
- Indiana Pacers not renewing contract of coach Frank Vogel May 5
- George's return has Pacers dreaming of brighter future May 2
- Raptors reach second round for first time 15 years May 2
- DeRozan has 30 points, Raptors beat Pacers 89-84 in Game 7 May 2