Spurs get back on track with easy win over PacersMar 22, 2007 - 3:01 AM SAN ANTONIO (Ticker) -- Tim Duncan and the San Antonio Spurs avoided another embarrassing loss.
Duncan had a big first half and the Spurs pulled away in the middle two quarters to post a 90-72 victory over the struggling Indiana Pacers.
With the win, the Spurs avoided their third straight loss against an inferior opponent while sending the Pacers to their 13th loss in their last 14 games.
San Antonio (47-20) had suffered back-to-back losses to lowly Milwaukee and Boston. The Spurs trailed, 22-17, after the first quarter but took command over the next two periods.
Duncan scored 12 points in a 15-2 run by the Spurs in the second quarter that turned a nine-point deficit into a 32-28 lead with 6:14 left before the break. Duncan scored 19 of his 27 points in the first half.
The Spurs put the game away in the third quarter, outscoring the Pacers, 28-13, to take a 70-50 lead.
Francisco Elson scored 14 points and Tony Parker and Matt Bonner each had 10 for the Spurs, who avoided matching their season-worst three-game skid from January 2-5.
Ike Diogu scored 14 points for the Pacers (30-37), who are in a three-way tie with New York (30-37) and Orlando (31-38) for the final playoff spots in the Eastern Conference.
SAN ANTONIO 90 FINAL
Mar 21 10:27 PM
SAN ANTONIO 70 END, 3RD QTR
Mar 21 9:58 PM
SAN ANTONIO 42 HALFTIME
Mar 21 9:14 PM
SAN ANTONIO 17 END, 1ST QTR
Mar 21 8:38 PM
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- 24 teams set for NBA Summer League in Las Vegas in July May 18
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- Cavs 9-0 in these playoffs, and joining rarefied NBA air May 18
- Nate McMillan takes over as head coach of the Indiana Pacers May 16
- Defending champion Warriors expect tough task from Thunder May 16
- Indiana Pacers promote assistant Nate McMillan to be team's head coach May 16
- Capsule preview of the Warriors-Thunder West finals May 15