Mavs set franchise record for road wins with rout of TimberwolvesApr 12, 2007 - 2:54 AM MINNEAPOLIS (Ticker) -- The Minnesota Timberwolves needed Kevin Garnett a lot more than the Dallas Mavericks needed Dirk Nowitzki.
With the stars for both teams out of action, Austin Croshere stepped up and led six Mavericks in double figures in a 105-88 victory over the Timberwolves.
Nowitzki and Jerry Stackhouse were given the night off and did not even make the trip. Erick Dampier stayed in Dallas as well and Devin Harris dressed but was given the night off.
Already eliminated from playoff contention, Minnesota announced before the game that Garnett will be out indefinitely with an injured right quadriceps.
Dallas dealt with the absence of its All-Star much better than Minnesota. Croshere scored 19 points and Jason Terry and Josh Howard each scored 16 points for Dallas, which set a franchise record with its 30th road victory of the season.
The Mavericks trailed, 51-48, at the half but took control by outscoring the Timberwolves, 38-15, in the third quarter.
Jose Barea scored 13 points, Devean George had 14 and DeSagana Diop added 10 and 15 rebounds for his first career double-double for Dallas.
Justin Reed scored 17 points off the bench for Minnesota.
MINNESOTA 88 FINAL
Apr 11 10:17 PM
MINNESOTA 66 END, 3RD QTR
Apr 11 9:46 PM
MINNESOTA 51 HALFTIME
Apr 11 9:05 PM
MINNESOTA 23 END, 1ST QTR
Apr 11 8:32 PM
- The Latest: Cuban: Sure, he'd run with Clinton or Trump May 22
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- Timberwolves will not retain Newton, Kander May 20
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Timberwolves' Towns is unanimous Rookie of the Year pick May 16
- T-wolves will send Towns with Flip's ring for lottery luck May 16
- Weekend Sports in Brief May 16
- AP Source: Karl-Anthony Towns is NBA Rookie of the Year May 15
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Mavericks guard Harris has surgeries on left toe, thumb May 10
- Zach LaVine wins NBA Cares Community Assist award for April May 9