Lewis hurt in Magic's win over BobcatsOct 11, 2007 - 1:31 AM ORLANDO, Florida (Ticker) -- Rashard Lewis' career with the Orlando Magic is off to a rocky start.
Lewis, who struggled in his first preseason contest with his new team, left with a sprained right ankle in the first quarter of Wednesday's 123-99 win over the Charlotte Bobcats.
X-rays on Lewis' ankle were negative.
The former All-Star forward signed a franchise-record six-year, $110 million contract after the Magic completed a sign-and-trade deal with the Seattle SuperSonics in the offseason.
However, he had a less than spectacular debut on Monday, scoring just eight points on 3-of-10 shooting before leaving with cramps. And in this one, he scored just two points on 1-of-3 from the field before being helped off the court with 41 seconds left in the opening period.
One player who had a far better night than Lewis was teammate J.J. Redick, who scored 17 points and shot 5-of-8 from 3-point range.
Hedo Turkoglu scored 20 points and All-Star Dwight Howard added 10 and eight rebounds for the Magic, who shot 62 percent (27-of-43) from the floor in the first half en route to a 66-47 advantage at halftime.
Charlotte's biggest offseason acquisition, Jason Richardson, scored 17 points on 7-of-10 shooting. Gerald Wallace added 19 for the Bobcats, who shot 45 percent (37-of-82) from the floor and were without first-round pick Brandan Wright.
ORLANDO 123 FINAL
Oct 10 9:26 PM
ORLANDO 89 END, 3RD QTR
Oct 10 8:53 PM
ORLANDO 66 HALFTIME
Oct 10 8:09 PM
ORLANDO 39 END, 1ST QTR
Oct 10 7:37 PM
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Thursday's Sports in Brief May 13
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Scott Skiles resigns as coach of Magic after just 1 season May 12
- BC-AP Sports Preview Digest May 12
- Hornets PG Kemba Walker has another surgery on left knee May 9
- Hornets future unclear with 4 starters becoming free agents May 2
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 1
- Heat roll past Hornets in Game 7, 106-73 May 1
- Hornets-Heat Preview Apr 30