Diogu helps Pacers edge Hornets againOct 16, 2007 - 3:30 AM NEW ORLEANS (Ticker) -- Ike Diogu scored 19 points and Troy Murphy added 10 of his 14 in the third quarter as the Indiana Pacers coasted to a 117-104 preseason victory over the New Orleans Hornets on Monday.
Diogu made all seven of his shots and went 5-of-5 from the free-throw line, and Murphy did not miss a field goal during his third-quarter outburst.
Indiana held a 62-52 advantage at halftime before creating a 23-point bulge heading in to the final period, outscoring the Hornets, 37-22, in the third.
New Orleans native Danny Granger and All-Star Jermaine O'Neal netted 13 points apiece for Indiana, which defeated the Hornets in Indianapolis, 101-96, six days ago.
Rookie Adam Haluska led New Orleans with 20 points - 14 in the second half - and David West chipped in 14 for the Hornets, who played the first of two preseason games here after spending the past two campaigns in Oklahoma City following the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.
Tyson Chandler, the NBA's No. 2 rebounder last season, collected 10 points and six rebounds in 22 minutes for New Orleans, which was outscored in each quarter except the fourth.
NEW ORLEANS 104 FINAL
Oct 15 10:46 PM
NEW ORLEANS 74 END, 3RD QTR
Oct 15 10:13 PM
NEW ORLEANS 52 HALFTIME
Oct 15 9:23 PM
NEW ORLEANS 23 END, 1ST QTR
Oct 15 8:47 PM
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- Nate McMillan takes over as head coach of the Indiana Pacers May 16
- Indiana Pacers promote assistant Nate McMillan to be team's head coach May 16
- Hornets PG Kemba Walker has another surgery on left knee May 9
- Pacers seeking new voice after parting ways with Frank Vogel May 5
- Indiana Pacers not renewing contract of coach Frank Vogel May 5
- George's return has Pacers dreaming of brighter future May 2
- Hornets future unclear with 4 starters becoming free agents May 2