Boozer, Jazz help keep Sixers winless in preseasonOct 18, 2007 - 3:52 AM By Chris Bellamy PA SportsTicker Contributing Writer
SALT LAKE CITY (Ticker) -- Carlos Boozer collected 17 points and 10 rebounds and Mehmet Okur added 15 and seven as the Utah Jazz posted a 101-93 preseason victory over the Philadelphia 76ers on Wednesday.
Deron Williams had 12 points and 10 assists and Ronnie Brewer scored 14 for Utah, which shot 55 percent (43-of-78) from the field and held a 14-point edge after the first quarter.
A first-round pick in 2006, Brewer seems to have distinguished himself as the No. 1 candidate to join Williams in the starting backcourt for coach Jerry Sloan.
In helping the Jazz build a early advantage, Brewer slashed and cut his way to an impressive 12-point opening quarter. The 22-year-old entered averaging 19.5 points this preseason.
With the game tied, 49-49, Utah got back on track in the second half behind Williams, who poured in 10 points during a 19-7 surge.
Andre Miller netted 18 points and Andre Iguodala chipped in 14 and two steals for Philadelphia, which remained winless in the preseason at 0-4.
UTAH 101 FINAL
Oct 17 11:23 PM
UTAH 83 END, 3RD QTR
Oct 17 10:53 PM
UTAH 55 HALFTIME
Oct 17 10:13 PM
UTAH 35 END, 1ST QTR
Oct 17 9:37 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- 76ers win NBA draft lottery, Lakers stay at No. 2, keep pick May 17
- Mutombo rejects lottery conspiracy after Twitter mistake May 17
- The Philadelphia 76ers win lottery; have No. 1 pick in upcoming NBA draft May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- 76ers 1st NBA team to land jersey sponsorship with StubHub May 16
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- New Jazz uniforms include sleeved alternate jersey May 12
- Utah Jazz extend contract of coach Quin Snyder May 6
- 76ers add 2 executives to front office, promote key exec May 5
- Jazz disappointed to miss playoffs, but gain experience Apr 14
- 76ers counting on free agents, draft picks for better future Apr 14