Nocioni's 20 points lead Bulls past PacersOct 21, 2007 - 3:15 AM CHICAGO (Ticker) -- Andres Nocioni is beginning to feel just fine.
Nocioni scored 20 points as the Chicago Bulls posted a 100-88 preseason victory over the Indiana Pacers on Saturday.
Tyrus Thomas scored 15 points off the bench and Kirk Hinrich added 10 points and eight assists for Chicago, which improved to 3-2 in exhibition play.
It was the best game of the preseason for Nocioni, who looks to be fully recovered from a severely sprained ankle that caused him to miss 29 games near the end of last season. The Argentine returned for the playoffs but was just a shadow of himself as the Bulls were bounced out of the Eastern Conference semifinals by Detroit.
Nocioni connected on 7-of-9 from the floor, including 4-of-5 from 3-point range for the Bulls, who led at the end of each period.
Rookie big men Aaron Gray and Joakim Noah combined for 18 rebounds for Chicago, which shot 49 percent (34-of-69) while blocking six shots.
Shawne Williams scored 22 points - including 5-of-10 from 3-point range - and Mike Dunleavy scored 18 for the Pacers, who shot only 37 percent (29-of-78) and dropped their second preseason contest.
CHICAGO 100 FINAL
Oct 20 11:02 PM
CHICAGO 77 END, 3RD QTR
Oct 20 10:27 PM
CHICAGO 53 HALFTIME
Oct 20 9:47 PM
CHICAGO 31 END, 1ST QTR
Oct 20 9:11 PM
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- Nate McMillan takes over as head coach of the Indiana Pacers May 16
- Indiana Pacers promote assistant Nate McMillan to be team's head coach May 16
- Pacers seeking new voice after parting ways with Frank Vogel May 5
- Indiana Pacers not renewing contract of coach Frank Vogel May 5
- George's return has Pacers dreaming of brighter future May 2
- Raptors reach second round for first time 15 years May 2
- DeRozan has 30 points, Raptors beat Pacers 89-84 in Game 7 May 2