Barry leads Spurs' rout of PistonsOct 21, 2007 - 3:07 AM By Brian Guerra PA SportsTicker Contributing Writer
SAN ANTONIO (Ticker) -- Tony Parker made his preseason debut and Brent Barry scored 16 points to guide the San Antonio Spurs to a 104-80 preseason victory over the Detroit Pistons on Saturday night.
Parker did not appear to have any rust in his first minutes on the court since Game Four of the NBA Finals. He finished with seven points, four rebounds and four assists in 17 minutes - all in the first half.
Barry hit seven of his 10 shots - including 2-of-4 from 3-point range - to propel the Spurs to their third consecutive win.
Tim Duncan added 13 points, six rebounds and five assists for the Spurs, who had six players finish in double figures.
Arron Afflalo, a rookie from UCLA, led the Pistons with 20 points on 6-of-8 shooting.
The Spurs played without Manu Ginobili, Bruce Bowen, Michael Finley and Jacque Vaughn, who were all in street clothes. They were also without their coach Gregg Popovich - who for the second straight game handed over the coaching duties to top assistant Mike Budenholzer.
Jason Maxiell had 13 points and 10 rebounds for the Pistons, whose first and only lead of the game came after the first basket.
Chauncey Billups and Rasheed Wallace also suited up, but did not play for the Pistons, who are 3-4 in the preseason.
SAN ANTONIO 104 FINAL
Oct 20 10:50 PM
SAN ANTONIO 84 END, 3RD QTR
Oct 20 10:17 PM
SAN ANTONIO 55 HALFTIME
Oct 20 9:34 PM
SAN ANTONIO 28 END, 1ST QTR
Oct 20 9:04 PM
- Spurs-Thunder Preview May 23
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- 24 teams set for NBA Summer League in Las Vegas in July May 18
- Point man: Irving shines in Cavs' demolition of Raptors May 18
- Cavs 9-0 in these playoffs, and joining rarefied NBA air May 18
- Defending champion Warriors expect tough task from Thunder May 16
- Capsule preview of the Warriors-Thunder West finals May 15
- Durant, Thunder beat Spurs and return to conference finals May 13
- Spurs unsure if Duncan or Ginobili will return May 13
- Thunder beat Spurs, advance to Western Conference finals May 13
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Spurs' Duncan competing with Thunder, Father Time May 12