McGrady scores 30 as Rockets dominate SupersonicsOct 21, 2007 - 5:05 AM By Paul Lowenberg PA SportsTicker Contributing Writer
SEATTLE (Ticker) - Tracy McGrady scored 30 points and Shane Battier added 19 as the Houston Rockets routed the Seattle Supersonics, 117-94, in a preseason game Saturday night.
McGrady had 23 points in the first half as the Rockets built a 59-42 advantage by intermission. The All-Star guard, who had played sparingly in his team's first three preseason contests, was 10-for-20 from the floor and 9-for-9 from the free throw line in 24 minutes of action.
Battier hit five of his seven 3-point attempts and was 7-for-12 from the field.
After a slow start, rookie Kevin Durant had his best night as a Sonic with 25 points in 33 minutes. Guard Delonte West, who had missed the last three games with a sore back and for personal reasons, returned to action, scoring 22 points on 8-of-12 shooting.
Rookie guard Aaron Brooks, the Rockets' first-round draft pick from Oregon, returned to the Northwest and scored 12 points in 18 minutes.
Seattle trailed by three points at 26-23 with 10:28 remaining in the first half, but Brooks triggered a 14-5 run with a layup and a 3-pointer to give Houston a 40-28 advantage and the game was never close after that.
An announced crowd of 10,854 was on hand as Seattle (1-4) played at their KeyArena home court for the first time in what may be their final season in the Northwest.
SEATTLE 94 FINAL
Oct 21 12:32 AM
SEATTLE 61 END, 3RD QTR
Oct 21 12:03 AM
SEATTLE 42 HALFTIME
Oct 20 11:17 PM
SEATTLE 17 END, 1ST QTR
Oct 20 10:42 PM
- NBA China to open basketball-themed Playzone in Shanghai May 17
- Rockets must find coach in wake of first-round ouster Apr 29
- Warriors reach second round with MVP Stephen Curry sidelined Apr 28
- Warriors roll into second round of playoffs without Curry Apr 28
- Warriors look to advance, Clippers, Heat aim for home wins Apr 27
- Rockets-Warriors Preview Apr 26
- Warriors look to advance, Clippers, Heat aim for home wins Apr 26
- Warriors-Rockets Game 4: most 1st-round viewers since '02 Apr 26
- Stephen Curry out at least 2 weeks with sprained right knee Apr 25
- NBA Playoff Capsules Apr 24
- Curry to have MRI Monday on his sprained his right knee. Apr 24
- Curry hurts knee but Warriors beat Rockets 121-94 in Game 4 Apr 24