Garcia, Kings coast past Trail BlazersOct 22, 2007 - 3:40 AM SACRAMENTO, California (Ticker) -- Francisco Garcia scored 21 points and Kevin Martin added 20 as the Sacramento Kings rolled to a 111-87 victory over the Portland Trail Blazers in preseason action on Sunday night.
Top offseason acquisition Mikki Moore and undrafted rookie Darryl Watkins scored 13 points apiece for the Kings, who played without mercurial forward Ron Artest.
The defensive stalwart sat out with a lower left leg contusion suffered vs. the Utah Jazz on Thursday.
Garcia connected on 5-of-9 shots, including 3-of-6 from 3-point range, and Martin was 8-of-13 from the field, including 3-of-5 from the arc.
Sacramento had an easy time thanks to injured Portland, which played without starters LaMarcus Aldridge (toe) and Joel Przybilla (chin). Przybilla banged his chin in the first quarter, left to get stitches and never returned.
However, Portland did showcase some of its young talent with point guard Jarrett Jack scoring 19 points - nailing all 10 of his free throws. Newcomer Channing Frye added 18 points for the Blazers.
Already playing without first overall pick Greg Oden, who is out for the season, Portland rested reigning Rookie of the Year Brandon Roy.
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- Blazers coach Terry Stotts agrees to 3-year extension May 16
- Defending champion Warriors expect tough task from Thunder May 16
- Clarification: Stars fuel hope for mid-major prospects May 13
- Damian Lillard and Trail Blazers look to bright future May 12
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- MVP Curry and his Warriors teammates move closer to goal May 12
- Splash Brothers Curry, Thompson send Warriors to West finals May 12
- Trail Blazers-Warriors Preview May 11
- Warriors look to clinch, Heat-Raptors face pivotal Game 5 May 11
- Warriors look to clinch, Heat-Raptors face pivotal Game 5 May 10