Granger lights up Timberwolves in Pacers' victoryOct 24, 2007 - 3:08 AM By Jim Beilby PA SportsTicker Contributing Writer
MINNEAPOLIS (Ticker) -- Danny Granger scored 25 points and Mike Dunleavy Jr. added 24 to lead the Indiana Pacers past the Minnesota Timberwolves, 106-95, in exhibition action on Tuesday.
Ike Diogu and Jeff Foster combined for 31 points and 18 rebounds for the Pacers, who notched their fifth win of the preseason.
The Pacers took control of the game in the first half with a 14-3 second-quarter run in which Granger scored 10 points. Despite being guarded by a multitude of defenders, Minnesota had little success keeping him contained as the third-year veteran ended the first half with 20 points.
One of the bright spots for Minnesota was the play of Al Jefferson, who was acquired in the megadeal that sent superstar Kevin Garnett to Boston during the offseason. He collected 27 points and 17 rebounds.
Minnesota rookie forward Corey Brewer, the No. 7 overall selection in June's draft, scored 27 points against Milwaukee on Saturday but netted just nine in 33 minutes on Tuesday.
Indiana's Jermaine O'Neal did not play due to a hyperextended right knee while Troy Murphy and David Harrison both rested.
For Minnesota, Randy Foye (left knee) and Sebastian Telfair (left ankle) sat out along with Juwan Howard and Rashad McCants.
MINNESOTA 95 FINAL
Oct 23 10:25 PM
MINNESOTA 73 END, 3RD QTR
Oct 23 9:53 PM
MINNESOTA 45 HALFTIME
Oct 23 9:10 PM
MINNESOTA 26 END, 1ST QTR
Oct 23 8:36 PM
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Timberwolves will not retain Newton, Kander May 20
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Timberwolves' Towns is unanimous Rookie of the Year pick May 16
- T-wolves will send Towns with Flip's ring for lottery luck May 16
- Nate McMillan takes over as head coach of the Indiana Pacers May 16
- Indiana Pacers promote assistant Nate McMillan to be team's head coach May 16
- Weekend Sports in Brief May 16