Iverson leads Nuggets over BucksOct 24, 2007 - 3:53 AM By Blake Redabaugh PA Sportsticker Contributing Writer
DENVER (Ticker) -- The Milwaukee Bucks are happy to have the Denver Nuggets off of their preseason schedule.
Allen Iverson scored 21 points and dished out six assists and Carmelo Anthony added 18 points as the Nuggets defeated the Bucks, 114-102, on Tuesday night in a preseason contest.
Newly acquired free agent Chucky Atkins netted 15 points for Denver, which blew out Milwaukee, 104-78, last Tuesday when the two teams met in Green Bay, Wisconsin.
Iverson, who went 7-of-13 from the field in 34 minutes, scored eight points during a 23-3 surge midway through the first quarter that gave the Nuggets a 28-19 lead at the end of the period.
Milwaukee never led the rest of the way but managed to make a game of it in the fourth quarter with Iverson and Anthony on the bench.
Charlie Villanueva provided a spark off the bench for the Bucks, scoring 15 of his 21 points in the first half. Villanueva also grabbed 11 rebounds and Michael Redd had 19 points and seven assists.
Sixth overall draft pick Yi Jianlian scored 12 points but committed five turnovers in 24 minutes for Milwaukee.
The Nuggets had two players seeing their first action of the preseason. Forward Nene returned from a strained right calf and scored six points in 13 minutes, and Atkins, who had been sidelined with a strained right groin, registered eight straight points in the fourth quarter to put the game away.
Denver was without center Marcus Camby due to back spasms suffered during Monday's practice. He is listed as day-to-day.
The contest saw a total of five technical fouls, including two by Bucks guard Mo Williams which led to his ejection after arguing a foul call while guarding Iverson.
DENVER 114 FINAL
Oct 23 11:38 PM
DENVER 87 END, 3RD QTR
Oct 23 11:05 PM
DENVER 62 HALFTIME
Oct 23 10:17 PM
DENVER 28 END, 1ST QTR
Oct 23 9:42 PM
- Bucks say IRS, FBI investigating email scam targeting team May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- Timberwolves' Towns is unanimous Rookie of the Year pick May 16
- Blazers' McCollum wins NBA's Most Improved Player Apr 22
- Nuggets miss postseason for a 3rd straight year Apr 14
- Bucks step back on court, but future secure with new arena Apr 14
- 76ers counting on free agents, draft picks for better future Apr 14
- Playoff destination sealed, Blazers beat Nuggets 107-99 Apr 14
- Police: Woman hurt trying to slide down rail at Bucks game Apr 14
- NBA Capsules Apr 14
- Solomon Hill scores 25, Pacers beat Bucks 97-92 Apr 13
- Milwaukee Bucks sign 30-year lease with arena owner Apr 13