Howard, Magic maul CSKA MoscowOct 11, 2008 - 3:55 AM ORLANDO, Florida (Ticker) -- Dwight Howard scored 28 points in 28 minutes as the Orlando Magic hammered CSKA Moscow, 94-66, in a preseason game on Friday.
The All-Star center was 10-of-12 from the floor and 8-of-13 from the free-throw line as Orlando cruised to victory. Howard scored 16 points in the first quarter as the Magic surged to a 37-17 lead over the defending Euroleague champs. They were comfortably in front the rest of the way.
Howard is 22-of-30 from the field in his first three preseason games and is averaging 21 points per contest. The Magic scored 48 points in the paint
Rashard Lewis added 15 points and Hedo Turkoglu chipped in with 13 for Orlando. Forward-center Tony Battie was in uniform but sat out after fracturing his left ring finger during the team's shootaround.
Terence Morris, from Maryland, led CSKA with 16 points. Trajan Langdon, of Duke, added 12. CSKA committed 24 turnovers.
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Thursday's Sports in Brief May 13
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Scott Skiles resigns as coach of Magic after just 1 season May 12
- BC-AP Sports Preview Digest May 12
- Magic walk away from season disappointed, yet encouraged Apr 14
- NBA Capsules Apr 14
- Hornets beat Magic 117-103, will face Miami in 1st round Apr 13
- Batum will sit out Hornets' regular-season finale vs. Magic Apr 13
- Magic-Hornets Preview Apr 13