Brown, Cunningham get Cleveland St first winNov 16, 2009 - 8:32 PM CLEVELAND(AP) -- D'Aundray Brown and Jared Cunningham each scored 14 points to lead Cleveland State to a 99-74 win over Wilmington (Ohio) on Monday.
The Vikings rebounded from an opening loss at St. Bonaventure by winning their 12th straight home game.
Cleveland State (1-1) took charge against Division III Wilmington early, helped by 21 first-half turnovers by the Quakers.
Tyler Ledford scored 24 points and R.J. Brown had 12 for the Quakers (0-1). After falling behind 51-35 at halftime, Wilmington closed to 65-52 on a 3-pointer by Ledford but the Vikings easily pulled away.
Jeremy Montgomery added 13 points for Cleveland State. Nigel Ajere led the Vikings with six rebounds.
- NCAA BB
WILMINGTON OH 74
CLEVELAND ST 99 FINAL
Nov 16 1:42 PM
- NCAA BB
WILMINGTON OH 35
CLEVELAND ST 51 HALFTIME
Nov 16 12:32 PM
- Virginia downs Cleveland State, moves to 10-0 Dec 18
- No. 6 Virginia gets back to work against Cleveland State Dec 18
- Louisville grinds past Cleveland State for Pitino's 700th win Nov 26
- Cardinals set sights on Vikings Nov 26
- Kentucky fends off upset-minded Cleveland State Nov 25
- Vikings face daunting task against mighty Wildcats Nov 25
- Leslie, NC State down Cleveland State Dec 8
- Vikings come calling on 25th-ranked Wolfpack Dec 8
- No. 5 Michigan thumps Cleveland State Nov 14
- Vikings tangle with fifth-ranked Wolverines Nov 13
- Cleveland State rewards Waters with 7-year contract Nov 9
- Cleveland State rewards Waters with 7-year contract Nov 8