Pacific defeats Fresno State, 70-58Dec 2, 2009 - 5:57 AM FRESNO, Calif.(AP) -- Demetrece Young had 18 points, Pat Eveland 17 and the two combined for 10 3-pointers as Pacific rolled to a 70-58 victory over Fresno State on Tuesday night.
Terrell Smith added 10 points and five assists for Pacific (5-1), which finished 10 for 26 from 3-point range.
Sylvester Seay had a game-high 23 points for Fresno State (2-4). Paul George added 15 points and nine rebounds.
Pacific closed the first half with a 13-3 run and never looked back. The Tigers shot 54.8 percent in the first half for a 44-32 halftime lead. Young scored 11 points in the half, going 3 for 4 from 3-point range.
George had 13 first-half points for Fresno State, which was playing its first game at Selland Arena in downtown Fresno since 2003.
- NCAA BB
FRESNO ST 58 FINAL
Dec 2 12:01 AM
- NCAA BB
FRESNO ST 32 HALFTIME
Dec 1 10:54 PM
- Throwback centers featured in Denver's Midwest Regional Mar 16
- Pacific hires Damon Stoudamire as new basketball coach Mar 16
- Suspended Pacific coach Ron Verlin leaves school Mar 3
- Wiltjer's career-high 45 points guides Gonzaga past Pacific Feb 20
- No. 3 Gonzaga sets sights on WCC crown Feb 19
- Gonzaga routs Pacific Jan 24
- Tigers face uphill climb in clash with third-ranked Zags Jan 24
- Wyoming outlasts Fresno State in triple OT Jan 18
- Cowboys visit Bulldogs in pivotal Mountain West clash Jan 17
- Siena downs Fresno State in CBI final Apr 5
- Bulldogs and Saints meet in CBI rubber match Apr 5
- Fresno State routs Siena, ties CBI Apr 2