Santa Clara beats UC Santa Barbara 79-68Dec 2, 2009 - 5:43 AM SANTA BARBARA, Calif.(AP) -- Kevin Foster's game-high 18 points helped lead Santa Clara to a 79-68 victory over UC Santa Barbara on Tuesday night.
Three other Broncos (4-3) scored in double digits. Marc Trasolini went for 15 points and six rebounds. Ray Cowels came off the bench and scored 13, and Robert Smith had 11.
Reserve Chris Brew was the Gauchos' leading scorer with 12 points. He was 5 of 5 from the field. Orlando Johnson had 11 points and a game-high 7 rebounds for UC Santa Barbara (4-1).
Foster scored 11 of his points in the first half as the Broncos took a 42-29 lead into intermission.
Santa Clara lead by as many as 17 in the second half and didn't allow the Gauchos to get closer than nine. The Broncos used an 8-0 just before halftime to take a 42-27 lead. They led by double digits until 2:29 remained when UC Santa Barbara pulled to within 68-59.
- NCAA BB
SANTA CLARA 79
UC SNTA BARBARA 68 FINAL
Dec 2 12:08 AM
- NCAA BB
SANTA CLARA 42
UC SNTA BARBARA 29 HALFTIME
Dec 1 10:54 PM
- Santa Clara hopes Sendek can lift team to WCC elite Mar 30
- Santa Clara hires Herb Sendek as new head coach Mar 29
- Santa Clara fires basketball coach Kerry Keating Mar 7
- Gonzaga pulls away in second half, tops Santa Clara Feb 6
- Broncos face tall task in clash with second-ranked Bulldogs Feb 5
- Gonzaga rolls over Santa Clara Jan 11
- Broncos battle Bulldogs in WCC fracas Jan 10
- Michigan State cruises past Santa Clara Nov 25
- Broncos hit road seeking upset of Spartans Nov 24
- Kansas handles challenge from UCSB Nov 15
- No. 5 Kansas lifts lid on season against UC Santa Barbara Nov 14
- No. 24 Gonzaga tops Santa Clara to open WCC play Dec 28