Tulsa routs Oklahoma State 86-65Dec 3, 2009 - 4:49 AM TULSA, Okla.(AP) -- Justin Hurtt had 21 points and Bishop Wheatley added a career-high 17 to lead Tulsa past Oklahoma State 86-65 Wednesday night.
Steven Idlet scored 13 for Tulsa (6-1), Jerome Jordan had 11 points, nine rebounds and six blocks before leaving with a bruised leg, and Ben Uzoh had 11 points and six assists.
Ray Penn led OSU (6-1) with 21 points, followed by Marshall Moses with 13 points and James Anderson with 10, who was 12.8 points below his average while guarded mostly by Wheatley.
Tulsa went inside to the 7-foot Jordan early and often. He scored six of TU's first nine points, and Tulsa's inside dominance eventually forced OSU into a seldom-used zone defense. Tulsa had the answer for that as well, as Donte Medder came off the bench to hit two 3-pointers. Tulsa outrebounded the Cowboys 42-24 and had nine blocks.
- NCAA BB
OKLAHOMA ST 65
TULSA 86 FINAL
Dec 2 9:58 PM
- NCAA BB
OKLAHOMA ST 31
TULSA 46 HALFTIME
Dec 2 8:53 PM
- Oklahoma Stare adds Gentry to basketball coaching staff May 11
- Ex-Georgia coach Dennis Felton looking for another chance Apr 1
- Oklahoma State introduces new coach Underwood Mar 23
- Oklahoma St. hires SFA's Brad Underwood as men's hoops coach Mar 22
- Oklahoma State to 'part ways' with basketball coach Ford Mar 18
- Michigan's last-second shots set up First Four vs Tulsa Mar 16
- Oklahoma State coach Ford ejected from son's game Dec 11
- Oklahoma State G Forte out with arm injury vs George Mason Nov 20
- Oklahoma State at a glance Oct 28
- Oklahoma State G Evans has star potential Oct 28
- Young advances Oregon past Oklahoma State Mar 20
- Pokes and Ducks duke it out in NCAA Tournament action Mar 20