Nebraska surges past Texas-Pan American 81-53Dec 3, 2009 - 3:10 AM LINCOLN, Neb.(AP) -- Ryan Anderson scored 16 of his 21 points in the second half to lead Nebraska past Texas-Pan American 81-53 Wednesday.
Nebraska (5-1), which led by as many as 10 in the first half, struggled to put away Texas-Pan American (1-7). The Broncs cut the Husker lead to five with three minutes gone in the second half.
Then Nebraska's Ray Gallegos hit a 3-pointer with 16:16 left that triggered a 22-2 Husker run. Anderson scored 11 points in the spurt, including two layups off steals and a 3-pointer. Eshaunte Jones's 3-pointer capped the run, putting the game out of reach at 67-42 with 10:39 remaining.
Nebraska had Gallegos 13 points for Nebraska. Jorge Brian Diaz and Jones added 11 each.
Luis Valera led Texas-Pan American with 13 points, Ben Smith added 12 and Jared Maree had 10.
- NCAA BB
TX PAN AMERICAN 53
NEBRASKA 80 FINAL
Dec 2 9:58 PM
- NCAA BB
TX PAN AMERICAN 32
NEBRASKA 40 HALFTIME
Dec 2 8:53 PM
- Miami transfer, coveted 6-11 center sign with Cornhuskers May 17
- Butler assistant Michael Lewis joining Miles' Nebraska staff May 3
- Huskers' Andrew White declaring for draft but could return Apr 21
- Nebraska assistant resigning to take same job at Boise St. Apr 12
- Nebraska, Kansas agree to meet in basketball next 2 seasons Mar 1
- Huskers' Shields hits head, will follow concussion protocol Feb 6
- Undersized, young Huskers will count on celebrated recruits Oct 27
- Nebraska at a glance Oct 27
- Nebraska's Petteway declares for NBA Draft Apr 16
- Trimble, Wells help No. 10 Maryland beat Nebraska Mar 8
- Nebraska plays host to No. 10 Maryland Mar 8
- Trimble helps Maryland beat Nebraska Feb 19