Crocker has double-double in Oklahoma's 67-47 winDec 3, 2009 - 3:19 AM By MURRAY EVANS Associated Press Writer
NORMAN, Okla.(AP) -- Tony Crocker scored 16 points and added a career-high 16 rebounds as Oklahoma rallied from an early deficit to beat Arkansas 67-47 on Wednesday night.
With Oklahoma football legends - and native Arkansans - Barry Switzer and Keith Jackson watching from courtside, Cade Davis added 11 points in a career-high 38 minutes for Oklahoma (4-3).
Marshawn Powell led the Razorbacks with 12 points and eight rebounds. Arkansas (2-5) has lost 20 of its last 24 games dating to last season, including its last four.
Perhaps more important than his points, Davis effectively shut down Arkansas' leading scorer, Rotnei Clarke. Clarke, a former Oklahoma high school star, entered with a 28.2-point average, but finished with 11 on 5-of-13 shooting.
- NCAA BB
OKLAHOMA 67 FINAL
Dec 2 10:00 PM
- NCAA BB
HALFTIME 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
ARKANSAS 27 27
OKLAHOMA 34 34 HALFTIME
HIGH SCORERS AT HALFTIME
ARKANSAS - JEMAL FARMER 8, ROTNEI CLARKE 6,
MICHAEL SANCHEZ 5
OKLAHOMA - TOMMY MASON-GRIFFIN 9, TONY CROCKER 8,
TINY GALLON 6
Dec 2 8:54 PM
- Kingsley withdraws name from NBA draft, returns to Arkansas May 9
- Oklahoma's Manyang suspended indefinitely from basketball May 6
- Oklahoma hires Carlin Hartman as assistant May 4
- Oklahoma basketball coach Lon Kruger hires son as assistant Apr 13
- Arkansas' Kingsley enters NBA draft, won't hire agent Apr 12
- Sooners look to regroup after bad loss in Hield's last game Apr 3
- Hield held below 10 points as Oklahoma loses in Final Four Apr 3
- Oklahoma and Villanova face the shooting woes of NRG Stadium Apr 2
- 'Nova looks to show growth since 1st game against Oklahoma Mar 31
- Oklahoma's Lattin dealing with death of grandmother Mar 31
- Whitt transferring from Arkansas after freshman season Mar 30
- Hield's Final Four with Oklahoma payoff for senior return Mar 30