Wright helps hot-shooting Harvard beat Rice 85-64Dec 3, 2009 - 4:56 AM BOSTON(AP) -- Keith Wright scored 16 points and Harvard shot 75 percent from the field in the second half to cruise to an 85-64 victory over Rice on Wednesday night.
The Crimson (6-1), which is off to its best start since going 8-0 in the 1984-85 season, hit 15 of 20 shots in the second half and was 31-for-51 (60.8 percent) for the game. Harvard also made 19 of 22 free throws and dished out 22 assists, seven by Oliver McNally.
With the Owls (4-3) ahead 13-12, Harvard used an 18-7 run to lead 31-19 with 3:45 left and took a 40-26 margin into halftime.
The Crimson led by as many as 25 points in the second half as Rice shot 34.6 percent from the field (9-for-26) to finish at 38.9 percent (21-for-54).
Jeremy Lin added 14 points for Harvard and McNally chipped in 13.
Lawrence Ghoram led Rice with 14 points while Trey Stanton and Emerson Herndon had 13 apiece.
- NCAA BB
HARVARD 85 FINAL
Dec 2 10:22 PM
- NCAA BB
HARVARD 40 HALFTIME
Dec 2 9:15 PM
- AP Source: Former UNLV coach Dave Rice hired at Nevada Apr 25
- Monmouth basketball coach King Rice has new 5-year contract Feb 26
- Rice resigns as UNLV's coach in middle of fifth season Jan 10
- Highly rated recruiting class could boost Harvard basketball Dec 19
- Evans leads Rice to 67-54 win over St. Thomas (Texas) Dec 17
- Harvard, Stanford to face off in 2016 hoops opener in China Nov 13
- Jackson's dunk helps UNC top Harvard Mar 20
- Tar Heels take aim at Crimson in second round Mar 19
- Harvard edges Yale in thriller for Ivy League title Mar 15
- No. 11 Texas gets back on track by topping Rice Dec 29
- Lone Star State showdown pits Owls against Longhorns Dec 29
- Virginia dominates Harvard Dec 21