Bradley surges past Northern Illinois 63-49Dec 3, 2009 - 3:38 AM DE KALB, Ill.(AP) -- Bradley broke away from a one-point halftime deficit with two big runs in the second half to defeat Northern Illinois 63-49 on Wednesday night.
Andrew Warren made 6 of 12 shots, including 3 3-pointers, and led the Braves (5-2) with 16 points. Taylor Brown was 7 of 11 and scored 15.
Darion Anderson's 18 points made him the only player in double figures for the Huskies (1-5).
Bradley's biggest edge came in shooting. The Braves sank 26 of 50 shots (52 percent), the Huskies just 18 of 53 (34 percent).
Northern Illinois led at halftime 20-19. But at 17:49 of the second half, Brown's layup started a 12-0 run that put the Braves ahead to stay 36-25.
Tony Nixon's basket cut the Huskies' deficit to 40-34 midway through the second half, but Bradley responded with a 10-1 spurt that provided a 50-35 edge on Brown's layup with 6:32 left.
- NCAA BB
NORTHN ILLINOIS 49 FINAL
Dec 2 10:00 PM
- NCAA BB
NORTHN ILLINOIS 20 HALFTIME
Dec 2 8:56 PM
- Bradley names Brian Wardle head coach Mar 27
- Northern Iowa advances with rout of Bradley Mar 6
- Braves face tall task in MVC semifinals against Panthers Mar 6
- Northern Iowa rolls over Bradley Feb 21
- Bradley challenges No. 11 Northern Iowa Feb 21
- No. 7 Wichita State holds off Bradley Feb 4
- Shockers seek redemption in MVC melee with Braves Feb 4
- Panthers battle Redbirds in MVC melee Jan 25
- No. 23 Northern Iowa tops Bradley Jan 13
- Panthers and Braves mix it up in Missouri Valley melee Jan 13
- No. 15 Wichita State uses strong second half to top Bradley Jan 7
- Braves seek upset of 15th-ranked Shockers Jan 7