Houston Baptist defeats Fairleigh Dickinson, 92-77Dec 3, 2009 - 4:10 AM HOUSTON(AP) -- Andrew Gonzalez scored 30 points and Wendell Preadom added 22 as Houston Baptist won its first game of the season Wednesday night, defeating Fairleigh Dickinson 92-77.
Mario Flaherty scored 18 points, making all eight of his free-throw attempts, and Michael Moss scored 13 for the Huskies (1-6), who blistered Fairleigh Dickinson for 61 points in the second half.
Gonzalez was 10 of 16 from the floor for Houston Baptist, which shot 52.5 percent from the field.
Sean Baptiste scored a game-high 31 points for Fairleigh Dickinson (1-6). Baptiste made 11 of 18 shots, including 4-for-7 from 3-point range. Terence Grier scored 17 for the Knights, who led by as many as 11 points in the first half but just by 33-31 at the break.
- NCAA BB
FAIR DICKINSON 77
HOUSTON BAPTIST 92 FINAL
Dec 2 10:36 PM
- NCAA BB
FAIR DICKINSON 33
HOUSTON BAPTIST 31 HALFTIME
Dec 2 9:20 PM
- Fla. Gulf Coast, Fairleigh Dickinson face off in First Four Mar 15
- Coach Herenda has Fairleigh Dickinson back in NCAA Tourney Mar 12
- Pryor leads Robert Morris over Fairleigh Dickinson 72-70 Feb 13
- Houston Baptist tops NCCAA Crowley's Ridge 102-62 Nov 16
- Harrison, St. John's pull away from FDU Dec 11
- Red Storm set sights on Knights Dec 10
- Iowa routs FDU Dec 9
- Hawkeyes hope to avoid upset in clash with visiting Knights Dec 9
- Michigan buries Houston Baptist Dec 7
- Huskies come calling on 22nd-ranked Wolverines Dec 7
- Wildcats put up 100 points in Miller's 100th win Nov 19
- Miller seeks milestone win as Wildcats host Knights Nov 18